23 Apr Black Eyed Pea Burger
I ate a whole bunch of black eyed peas when I was growing up and surprisingly still love them today, as much, or maybe even more than I did when I was a child! If you love a good veggie burger, then these burgers should be right up your alley as they have just the right amount of flavor, density and moisture. You can pair it with some GoAvo or some sliced tomatoes and onions, or simply go without any extras, which is my favorite way to devour them. Yummmmm……….
Give the recipe a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Black Eyed Pea Burger
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove fresh minced
- 1 medium scallion fresh chopped
- 1 15 oz can black eyed peas you can use cooked, but canned works for faster results
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh chopped
- 1 tsp fair trade brown sugar
- 1 tbsp panko
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
Heat oven to 350F. Add a little olive oil to the bottom of a baking dish.
Add all ingredients (excluding olive oil) in a mixing bowl. Mix together until they start to form together.
Form six balls with the mixture around the same size and then flatten them to make burger patties.
Place in dish on top of the oil, then drizzle the remaining oil on top of the burgers.
Cook for 25-30 mins.