16 Jan Red Lentil Jerk Pasta
This pasta recipe is so delicious and it’s packed with over 26grams of protein per serving. It also has some kick to it as I love to add some vegan friendly jerk seasoning to it. Go give it a try!
Red Lentil Jerk Pasta
- 2 cups of red lentil pasta
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp vegan friendly jerk seasoning
- 1 cup of sliced vegan sausage
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained and chopped
- 1 cup of diced kale
- sprinkle with vegan Parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain.
Heat a pot and cook the onions until soft and caramelized. Add the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the vegan sausage and cook until done. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the drained pasta to the pot, add the jerk seasoning and vegan butter and coat the pasta.
Top with vegan Parmesan if desired.