20 May Spicy Vegan Chili
Two of my favorites, spice and chili! Check out this recipe if you love spicy food like I do, it’s delicious!!
Spicy Vegan Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes about 2 medium or 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 15-ounce cans chili beans, not drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Chopped fresh cilantro and parsley
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and jalapeño and sauté, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chili powder and cumin and stir until well combined.
Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, cilantro, parsley, water and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt to taste. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.